Campfire - Lumberjack - Outdoorsy - Wild One - Boy's first Birthday Party
I love children's birthday parties because they are always so fun and adorable. It is so cute to see the child light up over every little thing from having their friends there to opening their gifts, and not to mention seeing their cake... and eating it too! Turning ONE is a big deal, and I loved picking a theme for my son's first birthday party, even though he could care less.
Below I have listed super simple dessert recipes and ideas!
Dirt Pudding Cups:
- 1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese
- 1 tub of whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 package of Oreos (I used a little less)
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package gummy worms
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box chocolate cupcakes
- 2 containers vanilla frosting
- yellow and orange food dye drops
- pretzel sticks
- mini marshmallows
Make cake mixes according to instructions on the package. Drop orange dye in one container of frosting and yellow in the other. Put a third of each side by side in a frosting bag as close to the tip as you can, and swirl it starting from the outside of the cupcake working your way to the middle. Top with pretzels and mini marshmallows to resemble a fire!!
Naked Smash Cake:
- One white cake mix (you could make it from scratch, but I just stick with the box) divided into three 6" round cake pans. Let them cool, then cut the tops off of each layer to make them flat.
- Whipped Vanilla Frosting (again I used store bought). Frost between the layers, stacking as you go. Frost the top layer, then cover the sides slightly as little as much as you would like.
- For the topper I used the "one" from my wedding decor.. It's just a little tall for the cake - whoops!
Found these festive napkins and plates at Party City!